Monday, August 15, 2011

Easy Recipes for Canning Your Own Fruits and Vegetables - Candied Dill Pickles and Easy Apple Butter


Home canned fruits and vegetables is a great way to preserve your garden goodies for year round use. You can also take advantage of good buys at Farmer's Markets. Some of my fondest memories, now that I am a senior citizen, are of the times I spent helping my mother and grandmother on "canning days." From washing the jars to stringing beans, shucking corn, etc, my sister and I enjoyed those days. Even as children, it was incredible to hear those jar lids popping as they sealed and seeing the beautiful jars sitting on the kitchen counters. And there is nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor during long winter days. This article has recipes to help you make homemade goodies to enjoy year-round just as I did as a child!

EASY APPLE BUTTER
Sooo good on toast and hot biscuits!

16 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 lb granulated sugar
1 1/2 lb brown sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment